Thursday, December 08, 2005

Getting my excitement back!

I've been working on my marketing plan for 2006. Trying to think of new ways to "get the word out" has been discouraging. I needed some new motivation, new inspiration. So I decided to take a class -- although it was something I already knew -- online marketing. "Sharpening the saw," as Steven Covey says.

It was a great move! Although it didn't provide a ton of new information, and I didn't agree with everything the instructor said, it validated and reinforced what I already knew. And it got me to thinking about how to put online marketing techniques into better practice for my own company, not just my clients. Sometimes I focus so much on what I'm doing for everyone else, that I forget about myself (personally and in business).

It got me to think in new directions, focus on using what I already have in my toolbox, and try a few new opportunities. And best of all -- I'm excited again! I like what I'm doing. I'm climbing out of my rut. Moving again!

What a fabulous little kick that class provided!

No comments: